“Be a WINGMAN for WINGS!”
WINGS first ever “Be a WINGMAN” campaign launched in September 2021. This campaign quickly gained momentum among WINGS supporters and our community, and highlights the many influential men in our community who are taking a stand against domestic violence. We call them WINGMEN! We see the incredible impact that social media driven campaigns have in effecting change through awareness, education, and brand building. Thank you to all of our amazing WINGMAN for doing their part!
What is a WINGMAN?
A WINGMAN is:
- Someone who helps, protects, or guides a friend or associate
- Is a role that a person may take when a friend needs support
- A pilot partner of another, a pilot who flies in the same wing or squadron
- A pilot who supports another in a potentially dangerous flying environment
- A WINGS Champion!
WINGMEN for WINGS are:
- In alignment with WINGS mission and vision and believe in the work being done within our organization and the programs offered.
- Passionate about helping victims of abuse.
- Passionate about being a part of the conversation in ending domestic abuse,
- Motived to start conversation and encourage others to take part,
- Ready to take a stand against abuse and equally ready to motivate others to do so.
How you can contribute…
- Become a WINGMAN yourself – all donations big or small will make a great impact, and all financial contributors will be considered a WINGMAN.
- SPONSOR a WINGMAN by making a donation by clicking here. WINGMEN will be notified that they have been sponsored and by whom, (unless that person wishes to remain anonymous). We encourage sponsors to share their contribution through social media. WINGMEN are to raise as much money as they possibly can for WINGS!
- Anyone who donates a gift of $25 or more will receive a custom-made ‘WINGMAN’ lapel pin which we will gift to you! This proudly states that you are a WINGMAN and encourages further conversation.
Other things you need to know
- You will receive a charitable tax receipt for your donation in any amount.
- At the end of the campaign, all WINGMEN will be notified of the total amount he has raised through the campaign, including any sponsorships that he has received.
- An amazing group of design students from Pixel Blue College developed the logo for this campaign as well as social media design elements, and are excited to be a part of this project.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to see a new WINGMAN every day! It’s time to engage men in the conversation, and collectively put an end to abuse. Follow us on Twitter for up to date awareness and education on how men can do their part!
Help WINGS continue to provide a safe, welcoming home and critical support services for women and children escaping domestic abuse. CLICK HERE to donate and sponsor a WINGMAN today.
#wingman4wings #beawingman #domesticviolence #doingmypart #wings #womeninneedgrowingstronger #helpingothers #donate #brightfutures #yeg #takingastand #creatingfutures #savinglives #domesticviolenceawareness